Monday, March 14, 2011

ITS ALIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!!

Hey folks!
 
Well the ink arrived today and my printer is once again alive! I am currently printing a 27 page automata project similar to the heart featured in the video a few posts ago. This one is a plain white cube made of gears that rotates every which way! I'm going to build it, then decorate it, most likely with watercolors.

The gearcube is going to be a long-term project, and a difficult one I think. Here's a pic of the pages, as you can see, the cut\fold lines are so light they are invisible on photo, and not much better in person. I think this model was designed this way so it would be a nice, clean model, but screw that I'm gunna paint it once its done anyways lol.
  I'm on a printing spree that way I don't run out of models to build even after I run out of ink!! I am currently also out of my cardstock, but that will be getting bought soon, so for now I'm only printing models I think will work well with standard printer paper. I think the Gear Cube would be a bit too heavy and difficult to do all the precision folds if i used cardstock.

I have a Boo (from mario bro's) finished that I'll post up wednesday, so come back for that one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think about what I think!