Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Hey folks!
This is part 3 in my reblog of ghostiness, discussing types of paranormal evidence and such. Enjoy!

"This is the disclamer: I am no professional by any means. I only know from experience and general knowledge. Everything is IMO only.
I do alot of looking for physical evidence of the paranormal. I'd say 90% of the time its all completley normal, its that 10% of the time that gets us excited. Evidence ranges from visual- photographs and video, to aural- EVP's, sounds on tape or DAR, to Environmental- recorded measurments of EMF, tempurature fluctuations (cold\hot spots), even barometric pressure.
Today we will cover what is, in my opinion, the weakest of the three evidences: Environmental Evidence.
Environmental evidence is the least accurate and easiest to discount. Some may find that statement offensive or think it untrue. But the simple fact of the matter is that environmental evidence is unreliable and conjectural. It has not been proven that an EMF spike, or a change in barometric pressure, or tempurature fluctuations, have anything to do with the paranormal. I qualify that statement with this one: EMF and tempurature fluctuations have long been associated with paranormal activity, and it is a widely accepted means of determining activity within a location. But to a non-believer or an investigator debunking from a scientific standpoint as well as a believers view, conjectural evidence is weak to failing.

In the course of an investigation, I would indeed take all the environmental readings customarily taken, record the readings and thier locations and variables, make sure they are accurate and then continue on. These readings, as conjectural as they are, do seem to give a fairly accurate base reading of the activity level within a location. Through the studies of investigators around the world it has been found that these readings are reliable in thier general capacity.

So when telling someone of your investigations, make note of the environmental evidence, but dont emphasize it. Within the community, the readings will be understood, but outside of the field, the readings mean basically nothing. For example, if I was to say to a friend "I found 3 moving cold spots, the first two were accompanied by abnormal EMF readings and the third with a drop in barometric pressure." My friend would say "So?" even if he did understand the terms. But if I were to say that to someone who is an investigator, that would be fairly good evidence of activity.

However, if I were to explain the terms and the significance of the events simply as follows "hot/Cold spots are believed to be caused by paranormal activity, as are abnormal EMF readings and abnormal barometric pressure readings, and we experienced them all, 3 times in a short period." The friend would most likley say something like "So that means there might be some activity, interesting, do you have any other evidence?"
And at that point I would move on to Visual Evidence. Which I will do, in my next post.
Thanks for reading, as always feel free to comment on anything I write, I want your opinions!"

That's all folks! Stay tuned for tomorrows post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think about what I think!