Saturday, April 28, 2012

It Begins!

Hey folks! So I put a little time in today on the papercraft, got some progress made.

This is going to be a multi-part set, but I'm really excited about the first piece! I've only got a couple of pics for you today, as my droid is recharging, but the best part is that I finished about half of the Ash model!

I like to do the hardest parts first, while I'm fresh and my hands feel good, so that's what I did, so here's the pics

  
Mah Boomstick!
 The Boomstick was a really interesting piece, I've never seen a model that used rolled pieces along with folded pieces, rolling, folding, and gluing them all together. It was a little bit of a trick to get it right, but you'll see in future posts how I got it done.

Ash, Boomstick, Autohand, Chainsaw
There's the boomstick in its finished form, a very simple but oddly and interestingly designed piece. Of course Ash's head looks funny at that angle, but its pretty cool. The autohand was very simple and easy to build. The chainsaw was simple, but I left a piece off because it looked funny, and who needs a safety guard on a chainsaw that's mounted to their wrist?

Anyhoo, I've got tons of pics, a vid or two, once I'm done (same style as my Vivi and Boo vids), and plenty more "what I learned doing this model" moments. I think I've learned something new with every model I've done since the very first one!

Hope to see you back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think about what I think!