Monday, November 15, 2010

Simple fun for everyone!

Hey folks!

Got a little sumthin speshul for ya today! Paperkraft.net put out a link on their facebook page for something called Twink: The Toy Piano Band. I have no clue what this Twink is, but I liked the papercraft pianos that were in Paperkraft.net's wall post, so I clicked and had a look. Turns out they have all the "twink" papercraft models on the site free, which is very cool. So I saw one I liked and turned it out in about 5 minutes (cutting curves is a pain in the butt!).




Pretty sweet right? Then I was bored again. So I figured, I have a piano, but no pianist, and no man should ever be pianistless, so I made one:


And now I have a hot-rod piano and a 2 inch pianist.

Aside from this random funtime, it got me thinking about the kids, and how much fun it would be for them to make some papercraft models along side their parents or older siblings. Most of the models out there are too complicated or require delicate hands and precise cutting\gluing. Single piece crafts can be a great way to introduce the kiddies into the hobby, and since the designs are printed right on the sheet theirs will look awesome too!

You'll have to do some googling to find the single sheet models, I haven't found a website that is dedicated to them yet, but they are out there and plentiful, so have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think about what I think!