Friday, August 20, 2010

Papercraft is fun!

Well hello ladies and Gentlemen, I'm pleased to meet you!

This is my first post so I'm going to go with what I've been doing most recently, which is Papercraft! I've found that it is a great hobby that requires almost no cash as long as you already have a PC and a printer, which I do.

First off, what is papercraft? Well, in short, its building models out of paper. From cube-figures to fully articulated, massive moving masterpieces! In long, its described here in this wiki page XD.

Here are a few of my starting models:

My first attempt, a failed Goomba, but the wife found a place for it on the kitchen wall.
Boo in a picture frame from the Mario games, it's supposed to "follow you around the room", but again it wasn't the best attempt.


Link (Zelda), an OMG,  and a Garlic from zOMG on gaiaonline.com. So far these are my best. The garlic was incredibly simple, the OMG a tad more complicated but not too hard, and Link was very fragile but taught me a lot about how papercraft works, especially since the instructions were in japanese.
I'm currently working on ViVi, the Black Mage from FFVII, here are a few progress shots:


Next post I'll go over the materials needed to papercraft (which aren't many) and the costs etc, and whatever else I feel like talking about XD
Thanks for reading, subscribe, leave comments, click ads (apparently i can get money for that somehow lol), and I'll be back with another post soon!

Zombie_slag

2 comments:

  1. DUDE, make me one! :D Or at least give me instructions on how to do it!

    -Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. @gigglingmonk
    Put your request in, what do you want me to make? I can give you links if you want, but be warned, this stuff is time consuming! Eventually I'll be able to design my own, but for now I'm using templates i find on the interwebs. check out paperkraft.net for some of the best stuff on the web!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think about what I think!