Friday, August 27, 2010

Fishing Time!!

Hey everybody! (hi dr. nick!)
No, my name isn't nick, but I play one on T.V.

ANYWAYS! Taking a break from the Papercraft to bring you a little FISHING TIME FUN!! Going bass fishing (that's the one with 4 strings right?) with my dad and cousin in the morning, which will be great! But for the blog purposes I'll focus on what I normally do during the week, which is Trout Fishin!! Got a site to reference, if anyone is reading, go check out The TroutNinja!

This goofy guy got me started on the right track when I started trout fishing a while back. Didn't have much time for bass fishing anymore (which I've done for 20 years now) because of travel time and needing to be within cell range, but there's a river running right through my area and I figured, wth, I'll go trout fishin! I've done pretty well on his tips, and I've even gotten some of his super secret bait to field test, so you guys would do well to watch all his videos!

Anyways, so far in my trout fishing area (Kings River Ca) I've noticed two things, fishermen lie alot (big news huh) and trout like garlic. I've caught more trout off Garlic Power Bait than anything else.

I want to get some rainbow-garlic, but for now this is the kind I can find. I get bites on it at the stocked Woodward Park ponds (grass carp and catfish?) and at any spot I go to on the Kings river. Wal-mart stop carrying it, but I found that Doyles market (on the way up to pine-flat) carries it. Also you can order it and all the varieties online (click here).

Another one I've found to work well lately, rooster-tail spinners. These things get the fish chasing your hooks, if not biting them lol. I've literally watched trout chase these things all the way up to shore.

A good tip for you if you plan on eating the fish you catch, don't bother freezing them, they turn to mush when you thaw them out. If you don't catch enough to fry, let em go. You might try taking the first few you catch home to clean and cook just as practice though, cleaning trout isn't the hardest, but it aint the easiest either, it takes some practice. You can find plenty of videos on der Youtube.com to teach you how.

As far as cooking, I prefer to fillet and deep fry, but you can grill or bake as well. I take the classic method, cornmeal-salt-pepper, and kick it up a notch with some Cajun seasoning or Tajun (local mexican chile-lime seasoning). drizzle with lemon juice or just chow down. My favorite part is the tail, cause fried fish tails are better than chips!



That's all I got for today, maybe tomorrow will bring some pics and vids of some fish catching action, but more than likely will bring a sunburn and an early bedtime! Seeya next time kiddies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think about what I think!